As the holidays come around every year, I find myself actually tending to be more disciplined than ever. Don’t ask how… maybe it’s because I know how far down the rabbit hole I can go, if I allow myself. That said, it doesn’t mean making dinners or attending parties is super simple. There has to be some planning involved to stay healthy and lean – and during the holidays that can be even more challenging, because our schedules get so hectic and stressful. But if you find yourself invited to a pot-luck party (or you host one yourself), I’ve got an AWESOME recipe that is fast and a hit with kids and adults. And hey… you can make these for any occasion, so don’t worry if there isn’t a party to throw or attend.
I found the recipe I’m loving for this 2016 Holiday Season on SkinnyTaste, my new favorite place for lean, healthy recipes. As a lifetime member of Weightwatchers, I appreciate the “everyday-joe,” delicious recipes they offer (no mungbean pasta with soy cheese here – not that there’s anything wrong with that). And the recipes are healthy and light. The biggest pull for me, however, (aside from the fact every recipe has been a big hit at my house) is their provision of the nutritional information (including the WeightWatchers points)! This is huge for someone whose weight tends to fluctuate as a 50+ #BOSSBABE!
So, for your next holiday gathering, I encourage you to try the following recipe for these yummy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, and have fun! If you decide to change from Buffalo to Teryaki or something else, let me know in the comments below what you did, and how they turned out, but regardless, report back if you tried them!
BUFFALO CHICKEN MEATBALLS
- oil spray (I used my mister)
- 1 1/4 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely minced celery
- 1/3 cup finely minced carrot
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Franks Hot sauce
- 1/4 cup skinny blue cheese dressing (optional)
- finely chopped celery leaf for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray a non-stick baking sheet with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, panko crumbs, egg, scallions, celery, carrot and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using clean hands, mix until combined. Roll the mixture (1/8 cup each) into 26 round meatballs.
- Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake until cooked through and golden, about 16 to 18 minutes.
- Place the meatballs in a bowl, add the buffalo sauce and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with blue cheese dressing, if desired.
Yield: 26 meatballs, Serving Size: 1 meatball
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 1
- Points +: 1
- Calories: 37
- Total Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Sodium: 135mg
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 4g
Read more at http://www.skinnytaste.com/buffalo-chicken-meatballs/#vRt8YdW3xMLoDuO2.99